SUNDAY | OCTOBER 13TH, 2019
HRL Laboratories will resume normal business operations on Monday, October 14th, 2019.
FRIDAY | OCTOBER 11TH, 2019
Due to air quality issues at HRL, we have made a decision to close the facility immediately.
If possible, please complete your timecard by 10am
this morning. Managers are asked to approve timecards by 12 Noon
. Below is some guidance on work charging for today.
If you are able to productively work today, please charge your normal charge lines. To the extent you were not able to be productive, please charge your time to:
- NSCE.NWK.101119 – to be used for work time lost on this day (it can be selected from the dropdown on your timecard as it will be assigned in advance)
Overarching charging guidance is to charge any reasonable downtime to the special charge number noted above. This includes not being able to work, inefficiency resulting from working off site, connectivity issues, etc.
Below is specific information on charging to be followed:
- If the employee can perform their regularly assigned tasks from home, the employee is to charge to the tasks as assigned by their manager in Unanet (i.e. direct to the benefiting contract for lab employees or regular indirect account for indirect employees)
- If the employee is not able to perform their regularly assigned tasks, but can perform other/indirect productive work such as taking training classes, reading materials, organizing on-line files, they should charge to WA00 (for HRL employees)/WAVN (for vendor employees) for lab employees, and the regular indirect account for indirect employees. This is considered work time.
- If an employee is unable to access Unanet remotely via VPN, Managers are responsible for entering and approving the hours against the specific NSCE charge number that has been established for the shutdown. This is to be considered non-work time.
- The NSCE project number will be used as work time by Operations and Labs to capture time lost due to shutdown/start-up of machinery.
- For vendors, use of the unworked charge code above will be limited to be to the extent they cannot perform productive work, they are authorized to charge their normally scheduled hours.
Reminder: For those on a 9/80 schedule, make sure to maintain the correct charging practice during this time
Note on the charging of PTO: If PTO was previously scheduled for this week, it should be charged unless the employee was impacted by the shutdown to the extent their plans had to be canceled. Please use your judgement to have the charging accurately reflect the situation.